Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WC #3

3. proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise? pictures of that... etc

I KNEW that Matt had the ring...my ring is VERY special...the diamond in my ring used to belong to his grandpa before he passed away. He wore it in his tie tack, he wore it when he met 3 presidents including JFK...pretty cool huh? Anyway, the diamond had been given to us a few years prior to him actually asking me to marry him. I went and picked out the setting I wanted, VERY simple. I wanted the diamond to be the star of the ring. I was on pins and needles just waiting for him to ask me, every time we went to dinner-everytime we did ANYTHING I was thinking...nows the time! Just to be dissapointed every time. He wanted to surprise me...ha!

I left for a week to go to Ohio to visit my "puppy friends" as I call them, a group of women who are also very into animal rescue. I had a great time while I was there, but missed my man so much.

My flight got into the Eugene Airport about midnight. I was just expecting my parents to drop off my car and I would drive home. When I came down the stairs, I saw Matt standing there. I thought to myself "oh how cute, he missed me" and I ran upto him and gave him a BIG hug...I could tell he was nervous, but I didnt know why, surely he wasnt going to propose to me, that was the FURTHEST thing from my mind at the time (jet lag) then in front of everyone at the airport, he got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. Of course I said yes, although if you ask him, he will say I hesitated...I didnt, I was just in shock...he actually SURPRISED me...I had no idea!! We got engaged in April 2009 and were married in May 2010
Here is a picture of my ring...I just LOVE IT!!


No comments:

Post a Comment