Friday, June 10, 2011

WC #11

11. your song and/or the first song you danced to at your wedding: share a music video or lyrics if you can!


Our song is "I'll back you up" by Dave Matthews...I've always known that I wanted to dance to this song at our wedding...Its so meaningful to us






Here are the lyrics:

I remember thinking I'll go on forever only knowing I'll see you again But I know The touch of you is so hard to remember But like that touch I know no other And for sure we have danced In the risk of each other Would like to dance Around the world with me I'll be falling all about my own thing And I know your the heaviest weight When your not here that's hung Around my head And your lips burn wild Thrown from the face of a child And in your eyes The seeing of the greatest few Do what you will, always Walk where you like, your steps Do as you please, I'll back you up I remember thinking Sometimes we walk Sometimes we run away No matter how fast we are running Somehow we keep Somehow we keep up with each other I'll be falling all about my own thing And I know your the heaviest weight When your not here that's hung Around my head And your lips burn wild Thrown from the face of a child And in your eyes The seeing of the greatest few Do what you will, always Walk where you like, your steps Do as you please, I'll back you up.


Also, In my family...since my daddy had 3 daughters (Im the youngest) its been tradition that he gets to pick the song that he dances with us to. He picked a song I had never heard before, but he heard it and it made him think of me. The song was "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman












Here are the lyrics:


She spins and she sways To whatever song plays Without a care in the world And I'm sitting here wearing The weight of the world on my shoulders It's been a long day And there's still work to do She's pulling at meSaying "Dad, I need you There's a ball at the castle And I've been invited And I need to practice my dancing Oh, please, Daddy, please?"


So I will dance with Cinderella While she is here in my arms'Cause I know something the prince never knew Oh, I will dance with Cinderella I don't want to miss even one song 'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight And she'll be gone...


She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed She wants to know if I approve of the dress She says, "Dad, the prom is just one week away And I need to practice my dancing Oh, please, Daddy, please?"


So I will dance with Cinderella While she is here in my arms'Cause I know something the prince never knew Oh, I will dance with Cinderella I don't want to miss even one song 'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight And she'll be gone She will be gone


Well, she came home today with a ring on her hand Just glowing and telling us all they had planned She says, "Dad, the wedding's still six months away But I need to practice my dancing Oh, please, Daddy, please?"


So I will dance with Cinderella While she is here in my arms 'Cause I know something the prince never knew Oh, I will dance with Cinderella I don't want to miss even one song 'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight And she'll be gone


Since Im still kinda blogger dumb...I cant figure out how to post the video's in this post, so I may make another post with them in there :)




















No comments:

Post a Comment